Saye

'As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man' Proverbs 27:19

 
Photos
Say What?!

Sons of Korah vs. Justin Timberlake
Sunday, November 11, 2007
I just realised that I haven't been blogging for quite a while. About a month ago I bought a ticket to Justin Timberlake's concert, not knowing that the concert falls on the same day as the performance of Sons of Korah during the Summer Big Weekend... Yes... another big weekend where our faith is lifted, our knowledge increased and our hearts refreshed. I was looking forward to Son's of Korah's performance ever since I know they're coming. So I chose to give up on Justin's concert. My sister was telling me that she has no regrets for buying Justin's ticket because it's a good experience to such a concert.

Well, tonight's the second night of Big Weekend. After listening to what she has said, I was wondering if I have made the right choice.. After attending the service tonight and also watching Son's of Korah's performance, I'm here telling you guys now, that I have made the right choice. Son's of Korah's music on Psalms is so great (really good to listen to them live compare to CD). I'm amazed they can produce music according to Psalms. I was thinking, what will happen to them after they have sung all the songs from Psalms. Will they create songs from other books? We'll see.. Btw, you can check out about them on their website, www.sonsofkorah.com.

This Summer Big Weekend, we have Erwin McManus and Wayne Alcorn as guest speakers. They're words are inspiring and they're pretty good with jokes. This morning Erwin was talking about us travelling in time because life is short and thinking about taking risks in the things that we do, hoping that God will help us. 'Maybe He will this time, Maybe not'. We are not supposed to be enjoying life on earth, we have to work and go through a lot in order to reach what's there for us. So we should risk thriving for the MAYBE. Tonight, Wayne was talking about the reasons why people loses hope and how we should encourage people, be there for them, don't call them names by what they are but by what they're going to be. After the service tonight, we 'linger', that's extended worship for 45 minutes, praying and worshiping. I'm so glad that I managed to sell my Justin Timberlake's ticket and attended Church instead.

I'm looking forward to the service tomorrow by Erwin McManus. Big Weekend is really an occasion that you would never want to miss.

posted by Jacqueline @ 12:14 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At November 11, 2007 at 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah it was an awesome weekend. Sons of Korah was just amazing with their music. Yes Jac i think you should get a hold of the small guitar lol.

    JKuasaTiga

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Jacqueline
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
About Me: A medical science student staying in a peaceful city trying to live and enjoy a life as peaceful as possible
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links