|
| Children |
| Thursday, September 06, 2007 |
Before I join the Children's church, I thought that since I love children it'd be fun to look after them, but I was wrong. Looking after children is actually very tiring especially when you have to look after more than 10 of them (3-6 y/o). You MUST listen to them, understand them and teach them. You MUSN'T use phrases or words that may mislead the children (even if you're talking to a friend in front of them), have any physical contact such as hugging or touching (can only hug on the side IF the child wanted a hug), allow any child to sit on your lap (only on knees). When you're helping them in they're craft work or games, always ask for their permission to help.
The children's church here is really different from the Sunday school back home. Although it's more stressful here, but I like the discipline and the way they put children's feelings as priority, what we should and shouldn't teach, what we should leave for the biological parents to teach, how we should talk to them about God in an appropriate way and at appropriate time so that they can understand. The nicest and funniest one is we should use Uh-Oh instead of NO to the children because NO is just too harsh.
It's really cute when I realise there IS baby language. There was once when a kid was talking to me but I could not understand a word. I kept asking her to repeat until another kid actually translated that to a more 'understandable' english to me, 'she wants you to draw a dog on her paper'. LOL
I think I should really learn to understand their language more and also in teaching them. |
posted by Jacqueline @ 11:26 PM  |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
Minggu ini ponteng ah
JKuasaTiga
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| About Me |
 |
Name: Jacqueline
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
About Me: A medical science student staying in a peaceful city trying to live and enjoy a life as peaceful as possible
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
|
|
|
Minggu ini ponteng ah
JKuasaTiga