|
| Why Church? God Knows |
| Sunday, July 01, 2007 |
Why Church? God knows. This is the new theme for July in Riverview Church. Today, Phil Baker talks about what a church is. This reminds me of a few weeks ago when my uncle was chatting with my sister about denominations. He asked us what is the denomination of Riverview Church and that we should know about it. I understand that he just wanted to make sure that we learn the right things as some denominations teach in a different way. Personally, I don't think denominations matter that much. After all, we are Christians, we are family. Why do we care so much about denominations? I come from a Lutheran church but I've been to Anglican and Presbyterian church as well. I don't look at them differently because we are all here to serve God. We don't go asking ppl what denomination are they from and if it's different, we'll stay away from them or criticise them. (No offence but i think some ppl are like that). There are 22150 denominations in the world in the year 1985. Does that mean we have to differentiate all of them? They have denominations so that they can be more organised not to divide Christians. As my uncle said, 'WE ARE THE CHURCH'. (1 Peter 2:5, 2:9) The church as a building is just a warehouse. It is a church because WE are in it. A church doesn't have to be belonged to a denomination, as long as WE build it according to how God wants it to be. (I think this is important). Both Old and New testament describe church as assembly or gathering of God's people (Deut 4:10, 9:10, 31:30; Mt 16:18, 18:17; Acts 5:11; Rom 16:5; 1 Cor 1:2; Eph 1:22, 3:10; Heb 12:23).
Other than that, Phil also talks about Christ as the groom. In the bible, it is written that Christ calls Himself as a groom and the church as bride. WE as bride should be DEVOTED to Him. We don't only like Him, we don't only love Him, but we should be devoted to Him as well. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her (Ephesians 5:25, NKJV).
I'm not really good in expressing myself through a blog. Hope you get what I mean on this topic. |
posted by Jacqueline @ 2:48 AM  |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
Amen to that. Preach it Sista!!!
J2dePower3
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| About Me |
 |
Name: Jacqueline
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
About Me: A medical science student staying in a peaceful city trying to live and enjoy a life as peaceful as possible
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
|
|
|
Amen to that. Preach it Sista!!!
J2dePower3