Saye

'As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man' Proverbs 27:19

 
Photos
Say What?!

Another 'One of Those Days'
Saturday, November 22, 2008
For the past 4 Saturdays, I have been having problems with staffs. One Saturday, I have a problem with a deli girl didn't turn up for her shift, causing me to work for 11 hours straight ( I blogged about this before). Then another Saturday, a staff was put on the roster to work at 6.30am (the only staff I have, to help with opening before we open the shop) when he's not even available on Saturday, so I have to rush the opening myself plus my usual job. And another Saturday, one of the staff in the deli was late and no one starts the oven to cook and also one of the deli staff called in sick so I have to search for replacement.....

This Saturday (TODAY), another staff who was put on roster to help with opening at 6.30am didn't turn up, so I have to rush opening myself again + extra job due to new products and loads of them. Then I realised the guy who didn't come actually went back to Singapore due to problems at home. Then I thought everything's gonna be fine until......

I was called to a checkout. Apparently this lady has got 2 bottles of drinks in her bag and was asked by one of the staff to show him a receipt to prove that she got it from somewhere else and she didn't have one. So... I went to the CCTV and check if she got it from the shop, note that she was supposed to be banned from the shop as she was caught stealing TWICE before and her photo is on our HALL OF SHAME in the office (yes, we have such thing in office.. FUNNY). After checking, we found out that she didn't get the drinks from our shop so I apologised and let her go. She was of course furious and kept complaining to me that we accuse her of stealing. I explain to her that it's our responsibility to make sure everything goes well in the shop and check every customers. She doesn't seem to listen to what I say so I have no choice (every customers were wondering what's happening or am I bullying an old lady) but to tell her straight that she was banned from our shop twice and that she was caught on the security camera before, even the cops have her details. And she comes up with her husband being a doctor and her being a nurse, she's not stupid and she still has a few brain cells working (it's amazing how she's still alive with just a FEW brain cells working). I explain until I have nothing else to explain and she left (in between these things she actually left and came back a few times with more problems that don't make sense to me at all and also, she pulled a few customers aside and told them that we accused her of stealing). Then, she's back again, holding the her drinks asking me for a RECEIPT. So I explain to her that I couldn't give her a receipt as she DID NOT purchase the products from us. And she goes 'What kind of business are you running here'. Again I explain. Then..'Well, I didn't get this from your shop then I surely got it from somewhere else, did you check with the store next door?'... I say 'no ma'am, that's is not our responsibility. Next time, please keep your receipt with you as proof of purchase.'.... She says 'It's not my responsibility either. I'm going to ask the girl next door for it and I'm going to report to the cops that you accuse me of stealing'. I say... ' Yes, you may call the cops, ma'am, my name is Jacqueline and you may also call my boss to file a complain'......she left the store to next door....Came back with a receipt (surprising!). Complain to me about a lot more that again do not make any sense. And I finally got rid of her. And I manage to clock off from work (30 minutes later)...

Went for lunch with my friends after that and got a call from the supervisor who took over. A psychologist came with the woman and says that the old lady has a mental problem and left her name card for us to inform her if the lady comes back and causes trouble again. Sigh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
posted by Jacqueline @ 4:26 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Jacqueline
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
About Me: A medical science student staying in a peaceful city trying to live and enjoy a life as peaceful as possible
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links